Burying Water - K.A. Tucker

Review

I loved this book. This is my first K.A. Tucker book.  Her Ten Tiny Breath books are on my TBR, and after reading Burying Water they are being moved to the top.

This book had me hooked from the first chapter.  After witnessing the turmoil of that whole scene I had to know what happened before.  I really enjoyed the dual perspectives.  We get the past and present, and as we read the story we get the complete picture of what happened.  The things this girl went through are horrific.  I couldn’t imagine being in her position.  There are some scenes that were hard to read because they were just heartbreaking.

I loved all of the characters in Burying Water.  Each person has a place in Water's life.  They help her try to remember who she is, and figure out what happened to her.  The Welles are more than kind to her, and offer her so much help to get her life started again.  And I absolutely loved Ginny.  She seems like a hard character, but she just wants to protect herself and those she cares about.  Her interactions with Water are some of my favorite ones. She's an old woman set in her ways.  I liked seeing Water adapt to her new life, and finding her own way.  She is very self conscious about her new appearance, but allows a certain someone to make her feel a little more comfortable about it.

I couldn't put this book down, and stayed up crazy late to read it.

Giveaway