Whatever Life Throws at You - Julie Cross

Review

Most people who are around me know that I'm not a big fan of baseball, but the blurb sucked me in.  I read this book in one night because I couldn't put it down.

I love Annie. She hasn't been brought up like the other baseball families, and is thrown into this completely new world.  She takes everything in stride, and makes some pretty bonehead decsions. I admire her for owning up to some of the decisions.  She doesn't cower, but she hates disappointing her dad.  She' a good kid, and has had to deal with a lot for her age.  I adore Jason Brody.  He's witty, and wants to better himself.  Ther may be more to his bad boy attitude than meets the eye.

I think my favorite thing about this book is that Annie and Jason become friends.  They have a pretty solid friendship, and I think that helps the romance be more believable.  I also love the supprt system Annie comes to have after moving to Kansas City.

I still don't really have words for this book, and I read it a few weeks ago.  I will tell you this, make sure you have easy access to Google translator, but there is definitely some Spanish swooniness going on.