I Want It That Way - Ann Aguirre
I really enjoyed this book. I love the fact that it’s so relatable, and the things that happen in this storyline could happen to anyone.

I love how dedicated Ty is to his son and school. And I love that Nadia pushes herself to do well in school to make her parents proud. Even though Ty can be kind of an ass, he’s pretty upfront about the fact that his son is his world. Nadia tries her hardest to keep things as friends with Ty. It’s a constant struggle when she’s attracted to him. The relationships work well in the book, and I loved the secondary characters as well. I think Max may be a favorite of mine.

My favorite thing about this book is that Ty and Nadia become friends, and are able to vent to each other. Friends first is always something that I think works well in books, and in life. The series of events isn’t fast. It seems like time flies by, but everything happens over a span of months. I think IWITW covers so many things that can happen in any relationship/friendship, and just goes to show you can’t plan everything. Sometimes life throws obstacles in your path.

I couldn’t put this book down, and every time I read the title I sing it like the Backstreet Boys song.