Blind Spot - Laura Ellen
I finished Blind Spot in a few days. I was completely enthralled in the story. It’s an attention grabbing “who done it.”

Roz is a character that I related to, and wanted to shake some sense into at the same time. She’s legally blind and wants to be normal. Being placed in a new class for kids with impairments of some sort completely rocks her world. She’s being forced to get help she doesn’t want after an incident with a student the year prior. I think the fact that she has handled her disability all of these years has been amazing. She doesn’t realize that people just want the best for her. I couldn’t stand Roz’s mom. She has no idea what’s going on in her daughter’s life, and she doesn’t really care as long as it doesn’t interfere with hers. The side characters were intriguing, especially Tricia. Tricia definitely has issues, and will manipulate anyone she has to in order to get what she wants.

I liked the mystery of trying to find out what happened to Tricia. I kept trying to figure out who had a hand in her disappearance, and for the life of me I couldn’t guess who. I was even blabbering to my husband about it. He said I was way to invested in the characters, but that’s how I know when I really get into a storyline. There are so many things that happened the night Tricia disappeared, and events that led up to that night. I did feel like Roz made the wrong decisions in how she handled everything. She’s still a teen though, and she was scared. She doesn’t know what exactly happened that night. She’s just trying to piece things together from what everyone is telling her.

I suggest this for those that want a great mystery with unique characters.