Prisoner of Night and Fog - Anne Blankman
The cover of this book completely drew me in. It’s very eye catching. After reading the synopsis I knew I HAD to read this book. I was so happy that I did.

Gretchen is an amazing character. She is able to show fear, strength, and everything in between. Her main priority is to get to the bottom of how her father died years before. She finds herself trying to figure out who she can trust in the circle she’s always grown up around. Sometimes even the people closest to you have secrets. I absolutely adored Daniel. Gretchen shouldn’t even be talking to him, but she can’t help it. What I like best about Gretchen is that she starts to question everything. She also shows sympathy for those that are in a bind.

The drama that unfolds in this book is full of awesome. There are so many secrets, and a few of the characters are terrifying. I also love how Blankman used real people as part of the story. It makes the actions that unfold more believable. I think my favorite aspect of this book is how close Gretchen’s ties with Adolf Hitler are. This is my second historical fiction I’ve read from this time, and it’s definitely my favorite.

This may be one of my favorite books of the year, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of Anne Blankman’s work.