Pieces of Olivia - Melissa  West

Review

I've been a big fan of West's YA sci-fi series, and I was stoked when I heard that she was writing New Adult. I'm a sucker for some college drama. We definitely get that in Pieces of Olivia.

Olivia is a character that constantly tries to hide herself. She's gone through a horrible event, and bears scars from it. She's happy she's made friends at Charleston, but still doesn't want to let them completely in. There were so many times where I wanted to just hold on to her so that she could cry her troubles away.

I love the connection between Olivia and Preston. He seems to be the only one that she feels like she can be herself around. He's funny and charming, but has secrets of his own. Ones that are heartbreaking but also ones that can bite him in the butt if found out.

I loved everything about this book. And I can't wait for Miles of Kara. Even though she's Olivia's friend, you know she has her own dark secrets.

TEARJERKER SWOON ROMANCE newadult HEARTBREAKING ARCREVIEW ADULTSONLY BOOKLOVE 2014