Man Made Boy - Jon Skovron
I adored this book. I'm a huge fan of Frankenstein, and to see that this was a book about the child of the Monster and the Bride, I just had to read it.

Boy is your typical teenage boy. He has a crush, and wants to prove himself worthy of her attention. He also doesn't want to end up like his father. Having to basically be the bouncer amongst the monsters in The Show. I loved seeing Boy go throughout all of his little ordeals. At times I wanted to scream at him to see if he realized that he was making some major mistakes in how he handled things. But after all, he is a teenage boy. I also loved that he had the hormones and thought process like most folks at that age.

Claire and Sophie are definitely up there with my favorite characters. They bring lightness, and sometimes a little badassery to the front lines. They had me laughing, and cheering them on. There are so many creatures that are mentioned int his book. The Invisible Man may be another favorite of mine. I won't go into more because I don't want to spoil anything. But wow, if you're looking for a book that includes so many monsters, this is it.

Boy's journey was definitely one of self-discovery. I don't think he realized how alone he was until he was out there in the real world. Even then, it seems like the world is moving so fast, and he's left behind. I enjoyed the whole cyber-talk even though I had no clue what most of it meant. I was able to put two and two together, and figure it out though.

Jon Skovron does an amazing job bring Boy and his family into modern times. I definitely can't wait until my son is old enough to read this book.