Stir Me Up - Sabrina Elkins
I’m going to try to keep this short and sweet.

This is probably one of my favorite contemporary reads of the year. I love the romance, or building up to the romance. Cami is a senior that’s trying to decide what to do with her life. Julian is a veteran that’s trying to figure out what he supposed to do now. Both have a tendency to snap at each other. It’s one of those things we hear when we are children, “when a boy picks on you that means he likes you.” I felt this way about both Cami and Julian. I loved the relationship of Cami and her dad. Her dad may seem like a hard ass, but he’s just looking out for her.

As much as the book is about love, it’s also about finding yourself, and what you want to do. This age is a big deal, and Cami has to decide between school or going straight to working in a kitchen. I love the descriptions when she was making some of her dishes. You could tell the mood she was in while making them. There are a few tense moments when it comes to Julian, which is totally understandable. I think he’s a bit rough around the edges at the beginning.

Over all I love how much both Cami and Julian grow throughout the novel. The ending was great, and made me go all swoony. :D <3 Also, at the end are recipes for some of the meals that Cami makes. I can’t wait to try them out.