Carter Finally Gets It - Brent Crawford
I haven’t read many books that have a male main character. But I’m so glad I read Carter Finally Gets It. Brent Crawford had me laughing my butt off.

Will Carter is an ordinary 14 year old boy. He only thinks about girls and the possibilities of sex. He also has many opportunities to grow during this book. He makes choices, some of them obviously bad, but he has to decide if he’s going to keep acting stupid, or learn from them. Most of his decisions involve Abby. He learns that girls can be fragile under the right circumstances, and that he’ll never understand them.

I love the fact that Brent Crawford didn’t sugarcoat the fact that boys of this age have a hard time controlling their hormones, and that girls boobs and butts take up a lot of their mental space. The events seem like they are nonstop, but really everything takes place over Carter’s freshman year. Abby is probably one of my favorite characters. She’s not a push over, and doesn’t care what people think.

I’m excited to read the rest of the books in this series, and I hope they are as funny as this first installment.