Alienated - Melissa Landers
I don’t have a strong opinion of this book either way. It was a fun and quick read for me.

It was hard to connect with Cara. She seems very naive, and is so focused on her education and beating everyone else that she doesn’t ask enough questions. I do admire her for standing up for what she believes in. Aelyx was easier for me to like. He is pissed about being on Earth, and doesn’t know what do with these new feelings he’s exposed to. I think some of my favorite scenes were of Cara trying to find something he would be able to eat.

The thing I liked the most about Alienated is the social issues it dealt with. Treating someone badly because of their species isn’t exactly the right thing to do. All you show that person that you are capable of is hate and fear. I think it touched on those issues very well. My inner sociologist was so happy about this.

I really want to read the next book to see what happens. The ending of Alienated was great, and I have to know what’s next for both Cara and Aelyx.