Dance of the Red Death - Bethany Griffin
The end of Masque of the Red Death had me wanting more. I wasn’t disappointed with Dance of the Red Death.

So, character-wise, Araby annoyed me a little more in this book. She was stuck between figuring out who she liked, Elliott or Will. She couldn’t make up her damn mind. I just wanted to beat her with a stick, and tell her to stop going back and forth. Even though she can’t make a decision when it comes to guys, she constantly struggles with finding something to make her want the world to go on. Even in the darkest of moments, she keeps trying to find a cure. She may even have a few heroic qualities to her.

Elliott was even more grating in the sequel. He’s mean, sarcastic, and very good at being bossy. I guess that would make him an effective leader, but still he doesn’t have to be an ass about things. And Will, oh Will. I like that he’s not pushy like Elliott. He allows Araby to make decisions for herself and doesn’t force, or coerce, her actions.

This book basically follows the hunt for the cure. Araby must find her father, but there is mayhem happening in the streets. Children are disappearing, and people are just plain scared. I know one thing for sure, I’ve never hated the Prince more than I did in this book. He’s such an awful man. I thought Elliott exaggerated when he spoke of how vile that man is, but no, he wasn’t. We get to see firsthand his wickedness.

This is such a great conclusion. I wish we could get more of these characters, but overall, I was happy with how things ended.