The Veil - Chloe Neill
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & More

Review

I love Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series.  I was hoping this one would be just as awesome, but it fell just short of it.

This is a completely new world, and required a lot of set up and explanation.  That is the only thing that kept this from being a 4* read.  The storytelling was a little slow.  I did love that those in New Orleans after the Veil still kept to most of the traditions that are practiced there.

I did love Claire.  She's learning some new things about herself, and even though she's completely confused about everything, she kicks ass when she needs to.  She has thinks things through most of the time.  I also really liked Liam.  He's rough around the edges, and a jerk sometimes, but overall he has a good heart.  Claire's friends are amazing.  She throws a lot of craziness at them, and they accept it pretty well, all things considered.

I think my favorite thing about this book is the new take on paranormals.  It's something I've never seen before, and I want to continue the series to see just what is going to happen next.  I mean there's so much that could go really wrong.