Fated (Soul Seekers Series #1) -
I was really hoping this book would draw me in. I loved her Immortals series, but this one just didn't have that kind of pull for me. I did love the idea behind this book though. I liked how the characters had Hispanic and Native American origins. These cultures have many things to offer. Magick and spirit animals were extremely important in the building of this story. Your spirit animal guides you through your choices and life's journey. I have often wondered what animal I would be most like, but I still haven't figured that one out. I wasn't exactly sure how the magick fit in besides the fact that all seekers posses it. There wasn't much of an explanation in what Daire could do, just that she was extremely powerful. Noel does offer a few scenes with minor things Daire can do. There wasn't much background on any of the characters except Daire, the MC. The base knowledge of Dace and Cade was given, but nothing more. I would have loved to know a bit more about Dace. He is the main focus in her dreams, and it would have been nice to see other parts of him. Even though I felt there was a lot of buildup and not enough events, I will read the next book in the series (due out this fall). I'm intrigued with where the story will take us, and if her dream is a prophecy or just her fears.