Shades of Earth - Beth Revis
This one is my favorite in the trilogy. It had me on the edge of my seat. A lot of the time I felt like how I used to when I watched the hubby play Halo. It's such a new and different world, and had the same effect on me. In the previous books, I always preferred Amy's character over Elder's. However, in this installment I have to say that Elder was my favorite character. He showed leadership, and was able to make difficult decisions. He stayed strong for his people, and Amy, throughout the book, even in the scariest situations. Amy comes across as incredibly whiny. She does what's she told, and doesn't put up a fight like she did in the previous novels. I just feel like she was deflated, and all of her convictions kind of went out the window once they arrived on the planet. The plot is AMAZING!!! It moves along seamlessly. You are kept wondering what is on the planet for a long time. There are so many twists and turns that you don't know what to believe. The events that take place are unbelievable. And you start thinking about what could happen in the same circumstances. Shades of Earth, is an epic final book. There's mystery, suspense, action, and of course romance. Both Amy and Elder are pushed to the limits in order to discover the truth about this new planet.