Before I Wake - Rachel Vincent
It has taken me a week to finally write this review. Not because the book was bad, but because it threw my for a loop. I've cried while reading books, but this one made me have big, ugly sobs. I'm telling you, it wasn't pretty. Thank goodness Rachel at Fiktshun warned me to grab the Kleenex and keep it close. I love how easily Rachel Vincent pulls me into the world she's created. I feel the characters emotions with such a raw intensity. Thank you, Rachel, for allowing us fans to be in the lives of your characters. Now for some character talk. Sophie still annoys the hell out of me. Instead of only we snarky, we got that plus crying at the drop of a hat. I know things are still new for her, but tears aren't going to fix anything. Oh geez, I think I'm starting to sound like Sabine. Sabine really grew on me in this book. I admired her blunt honesty, and willingness to help. I still want to slap her sometimes, but much less and not as hard. :P Things for Nash are starting to sink in, thank goodness. And Tod, well I don't think i could ever say anything bad about him. His love, loyalty, and determination are remarkable. Kaylee has grown up so much in this series. I'm excited to see what happens next. As far as plot, this is all I can say since i don't want to give too much away. You get a grasp on just how insane Avari is. Kaylee and her group of friends are once again determined to thwart his nefarious plans. Seriously, Avari has some deep issues. I cannot recommend this book enough. Or the series for that matter. Just make sure to keep the tissue near because you will need it.