Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires Series #1) -
I am now hooked on this series! I blame it all on Rachel at Fiktshun. It's all her fault. :P I kept hearing so many things about Chloe Neill's books, and I had to check it out for myself. This story is fast paced, and there is a ton of sarcastic humor. I know, I'm a sucker for sarcasm. But it is part of my daily conversation. ;) There was never a dull moment. I was actually surprised at who caused all the trouble. That doesn't happen often anymore. The characters were awesome! I love Mallory. She is every girl's dram BFF. Jeff is the pervy guy friend in the bunch, but he seriously has me laughing throughout the book. Merit, our MC, is strong and determined. When she decides to do something, it's whole-hearted. I love when the main character is a kick-ass chick. I can't wait to see what she's up against in the sequel. And Ethan..... I'm not sure how I feel about him. He has serious trust issues, and he's a little too arrogant for my taste, but we'll see how things go. I didn't care for the narrator much. Her parts for Merit were fine, but the male voices were a bit off, and started to sound the same. If you are a fan of The Hollows by Kim Harrison, you'll enjoy this series. There are many of the same elements.