The Girl with the Iron Touch - Kathryn Smith
4.5Oh, how I've missed these guys. They are by far my favorite group of steampunk characters. They never fail to amaze me.Iron Touch starts off with action. I've come to love that in Kady Cross's writing. She grabs you from the very beginning and refuses to let you go. The plot is very fast paced. Although some of the events are predictable, some take you completely by surprise. We are also introduced to a new character. I'm not going to say much about this person, as it would spoil some things, but I can't wait to see where they go in the storyline. The characters as usual are great. I absolutely adore Emily, Sam, Jasper, Finley, and Griffin. After everything they have been through, their relationships with each other are kind of up in the air. They don't know the right things to say, and when they do, they are interrupted. There are so many times I wanted to slap the mess out of Griffin. For such a smart guy, he can be very dumb. I also loved seeing a gentler side to Sam. Although it is so much fun seeing him and Finley go head to head. Emily is stronger than anyone thinks. She's known for making the logical decision at all times, but finds herself making choices on the fly. We also get a bit of Jack Dandy. I love this man. He's awesome, and I hope as the series progresses we get to see a little more about him. Fans of this series or steampunk will love this book. Also keep an eye out for The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy. It's supposed to be released July 1, 2013.