Sky on Fire - Emmy Laybourne
If you are hoping that everything calms down, you are in for one hell of a ride. We also get two perspectives during Sky On Fire. I loved being able to get inside Alex's head. Their circumstances were dire, but they somehow manage to stick together. They make their own little family. I was glad that they have such a close bond to each other. They see some pretty bad things on the road, but so does Dean at the store. Dean tries his hardest to take care of those that stayed behind. He doesn't realize just how strong he can be for them until the moment is on him. They take things as they come, and try their best to deal with it. I can't image being forced into the situations that these kids are. This book takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. One minute you're terrified, and the next you're giggling with something that Max says. I don't think there is an emotion that you don't go through. Sky on Fire is very much about trusting those you are with, and becoming a mini family. You should also never lose hope. Even though things seem dire, there's always something to hope for. Sorry this review is so short, but I didn't want to give any spoilers for those that haven't read Monument 14 yet. If you liked the first book, definitely pick up the sequel. It's fast paced, and you won't want to put it down. I received this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.