The Dream Slayer - Jill  Cooper
This book is action packed and unique.Some of the characters were difficult to connect with, but that didn't take away from the story. Natalie, the main character, is a high school student that is bulled because of her appearance. All that changes when her bully ends up dead. Her best friend, Tristan, is awesome. He's witty, sarcastic, and completely loyal to Natalie. He has always defended her, and doesn't understand why she puts up with everyone's crap. Natalie's "other" self was incredibly cocky, and not very likeable to me. She had little emotion. She was a total bad ass though when it came to slaying.I think my favorite part of this book is the fact that Natalie begins to think of herself as more than just the pudgy nobody. She has worth and a purpose. I found it sad that she didn't think this way prior to realize her destiny. There are quite a few funny parts. The demon master, Morach, is really funny, along with his idiot demon posse. His bantering with Natalie was reminiscent of Spike and Buffy. I'm curious to see what happens next with Natalie and her friends. I'd also like to know why Meadow's Creek is such a powerful and magical place.