Collide (Collide, #1) - Shelly Crane
This is a great love story with a sci-fi twist. There isn't a lot of action, as the characters are in hiding a majority of the time. The story line isn't fast paced, but the emotional tugs are. I think this has to do with the fact that most of the people in hiding believe this is the end of the world. There isn't much love at first sight, but the love some of the characters have for each other progress rather quickly. Merrick and Sherry have a sweet relationship. It reminds me of dating the "too sweet" guy in high school that never disagrees and always gives in. While it's cute, a times their lovey dovey talk was annoying. I loved Mrs Trudy. She is the poster woman for Southern hospitality. Marissa is also a great character. She isn't liked by everyone, and ruffles some feathers of those she shares a basement with. The writing flowed nicely for the most part. There were times the writing would switch past and present tense within a sentence. I also didn't really care for Merrick's POV. It basically recounts everything that's already happened. I would love to see his POV in a forward motion instead of int he past. Considering this is Crane's first book, I think she did a pretty darn good job. If you want a lot of love story with a little sci-fi, this is a good read for you!