The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - Kady Cross
The sequel starts up right where Steel Corset leaves off. Griffin, Sam, Finley and Emily are headed to New York to see what kind of trouble their friend, Jasper, is in. Finley and Griffin spend the majority of this book trying to figure out their feelings toward each other. They also try to prove they don't need the other for help, even though in some cases they do. At times I wanted to yell "Kiss her already" to Griff. But he's too proper, or gentlemanly, to do such a thing. :/ The fact they are both stubborn makes for a lot of tension. It's funny seeing what actions they take to piss the other off. I love how this book was action packed. Even the lulls between the fighting, or other events, have an important impact to the story that keeps you drawn to the pages. The third person writing keeps everything flowing. I like seeing the chain of events through the eyes of the other characters. You feel the emotions of all the characters instead of just one or two. FInley finds herself face-to-face with a bad who is the opposite of Jack Dandy. She believes she knows how to deal with him, but has to wonder if she is in over her head. She's a force to be reckoned with. She makes it known that she will not back down, and that she can't be bullied.My only complaint.... not enough Jack Dandy. I missed the suave criminal. This action paced sequel will leave you pining for more in the world that Kady Cross has created.