My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent
Kaylee has a “panic attack” while at a club in front of Nash, one of the hot popular kids at her school. Instead of laughing at Kaylee, Nash does his best to soother her. This leaves Kaylee questioning his motives. A series of unexplained deaths among teenage girls leads Kaylee to wonder if she is somehow connected since she has had a “panic attack” around two of them. Kaylee freaks out, thinks she’s dying, and that these panic attacks are part of some hallucination. Nash spills the beans about what she is. She takes it upon herself to figure out why these girls are dropping dead. I absolutely love this series. There aren’t many books out there about bean sidhes (banshees). It’s also great to recognize the places she talks about in the book. I live in the DFW and have driven past Arlington Memorial and been to White Rock Lake. This is my second read of this book, and I fell in love with the characters all over again. I thought Nash was a decent guy before, but I really don’t care for him anymore. I think a lot of this is because I know the outcome later in the series, but that’s not all of it. He’s a sweet guy, but at the same time he seems like a total d-bag. He’s way to confident in himself. He’s not like Jace or Damon. His cockiness isn’t adorable. It’s grating. Kaylee thinks she has to save everybody and has some serious white knight syndrome going on. She’s a good person and extremely loyal. If you want something that doesn’t include vamps, wolves or zombies, you should pick this up. You’ll love it as much as I have.